Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pork belly slice





Always wanted to try porkbelly. Flipping through David Chang's Momofuku cookbook, I spotted 2 different recipes for pork belly. They basically boil down to curing the pork belly over night, then roasting it in an oven at 450F for an hour, then roasting it at 250 for another hour.

I modified it since I wanted to cook the thing tonight, and just coated it with a little salt and soy sauce. I kept the same cook times. Already had my meal for the night, but couldn't resist cracking into it.

The exterior skin crisped up great. I got out my Chinese Chef's knife and hacked off an end piece. LOL at the boston butts that I was cooking for 7+ hours when I could have pulled off one of these in 2hrs with an even cheaper cut of meat! Definitely going to become a regular in my arsenal.


No comments:

Post a Comment