Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Swingle Meat Co.

Had a chance to visit Swingle Meat Co. today in Jackson (http://www.swinglemeat.com/). Next to Morant's, it is probably my new favorite source for meat (only downside is the car ride over). But it could be a lot worse. You can check out what I purchased in the Flickr photo-stream.




Will definitely be Sousviding up this chicken for dinner tonight along with some veggies I picked up on the way back. At the moment, the game plan is to pair the chicken with some oven roasted Yukon gold potatoes (w/ olive oil, rosemary, salt, better, and chili pepper flakes), and similarly roasted asparagus w/ fresh lemon juice on the end. Hopefully I remember to snap some pictures....

*Edit*

Well, Dinner came out very well (but definitely have some things to tweek for the future). Manly issues controlling the temperature of the waterbath as precisely as I need to be able to (literally like +/- 5 degrees Fahrenheit and it's "cooked" - which is why you will see some eggs in a couple of the photos that didn't make it to the dish)  

Step by Step Guide found in my Flickr profile if you want to see what I did...





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing the method of preparing the meat.

    ReplyDelete