Friday, May 20, 2011

More Duck Eggs and Zucchini, Spinach, and Bacon side

I am a huge fan of eggs- but Gamboling Goats Heritage Farm's duck eggs are absolutely delicious. (http://www.gambolinggoats.com/ - cheapest I have seen duck eggs go for in Eugene and they deliver!) Below I have them down with a little more basil.


Last night I also made up a veggie side in bulk that I could add to whatever mains I am making for the day. I rendered down some bacon and duck fat with onion, celery, and a good amount of dried rosemary. Once the onions were translucent, I added chopped garlic, Zucchini, and Spinach. I let it simmer until the Zucchini were cooked, and finished with some uncooked green onion.


I turned out pretty well. The garlic and smoky porkiness of the bacon comes through and finishes with the mellow taste of the spinach and zucchini. The raw green onions provide an initial sharp oniony flavor and act as a nice textural contrast to the soft onions and zucchini. 

Daily Food intake:
Breakfast
2 cups Coffee (having fun with my AeroPress - cheaper than the energy drinks) 
2 duck eggs 
1 smoked pork chop

Lunch
1 cup coffee
1 Black Cherry Chobani Greek yogurt
A cup of the veggie side mixture  

Dinner
- Spring greens with balsamic vinaigrette
- A cup of the veggie side
- Remaining chicken thigh meat off of the rotisserie chicken 


No comments:

Post a Comment