Thursday, May 19, 2011

Smoked Pork Chop and Eggs - post move

Yesterday's move went pretty well. It was a lot of fun moving all my stuff up 3 flights of stairs. The highlight of the day was that my box springs for by bed couldn't fit in the truck I was using, so one of my previous roommates helped me walk it 2 blocks down the road and up to my apartment.

This morning:
Early: grabbed a chunk of chicken breast off a rotisserie chicken I picked up last night

I had some duck eggs delivered and picked up couple of smoked pork chops from Long's Meat Shop. Duck eggs have a greater concentration of fat in the yolk and protein in the whites. The yolks are bright orange, and don't really pick up that sulfur-y taste when cooked. After seasoning, I seared off one side of the pork chop in some duck fat I also picked up from Longs, then flipped it and added my eggs. To make sure the tops of the whites set, I covered the skillet with a bowl for a minute or two. Before covering, I added some leaves of basil so they would not actually cook, but just wilt slightly. Overall- solid. Probably going to be my new go-to breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment